LOCATION: A short drive from both Delgany and Greystones
PROPERTY TYPE: Detached house on 1/3 acre site
FLOOR AREA: 232.3 sq m/2,500.45 sq feet
BER: D2 – BER Nr: 113227730 – Perf: 295.49 kW²/yr
Standing on its own third of an acre site set against the scenic backdrop of the Wicklow Mountains, this spacious and extensively modernised detached two-storey house combines the many benefits of country living with all the convenience of its close proximity to nearby Delgany, Greystones and Bray.
Built in the 1950s, the property is characterised by many attractive period features, including high ceilings, large well-proportioned rooms and an abundance of generous family living space.
Thanks to a series of improvement works by the current owners, the property has also been updated and enhanced to meet the highest standards of modern living.
As part of the renovation, the kitchen has been built out in open plan configuration with an adjoining family dining room, while the previous lounge has been similarly enhanced with the creation of an adjoining, open-plan sunroom that overlooks the garden, flooding the entire space with natural light.
The ground floor also includes a large guest bedroom with ensuite bathroom, a well-proportioned and airy living room and a bright home office illuminated by natural light through floor-to-ceiling glass. The ground floor is completed by a spacious entrance hall, guest bathroom, utility room and cloakroom, the latter three all off the kitchen.
Upstairs, there are four more bedrooms, including the main bedroom with a large ensuite bathroom and walk-in wardrobe off, the latter fitted with a generous amount of shelves and hanging space along two facing walls.
Outside, the large site allows plenty of room for the house to be set well back from the road, from which the property is accessed via a substantial solid timber entry gate. The house is approached along a long gravelled drive, with lawns to either side and extending around the house. A timber deck to the side of the house provides an ideal spot to enjoy warm days, while the sunny aspect also ensures the sunroom/lounge, kitchen/diner and home office are are generously illuminated by natural light.
Call today to arrange a viewing.
Porch (2 x 1m): to front door, with tiled floor
Entrance Hall (4.15 x 2.32m) with:
• Glass front door and side panel maximising natural light
• Parquet floor and storage off
• Generously sized, carpeted stairs (4.13 x 1.05) with return to first floor and period wooden and wrought iron banister
Sitting room (4.97 x 4.10m) with:
• Carpet and curtains with pelmet
• Ceiling coving
• Open fireplace featuring stone surround and hearth, and marble mantelpiece
Open-plan lounge/sunroom (6.73 x 4.98m) with:
• Solid timber floor
• Wood burning stove on granite hearth with alcoves to either side
• Alcoves features brickwork and built-in shelves on one side and built-in press and display cabinet on the other
• Recessed ceiling lights
• Floor-to-ceiling window looking onto garden
• Door opening on to sun deck
Home office (4.65 x 3.5) with:
• Solid timber floor
• Floor-to-ceiling window and sliding door overlooking front garden
• Window blinds
• Recessed ceiling lights
L-shaped open plan family living space comprising:
Kitchen (6.12 x 2.91m) with:
• Contemporary fitted kitchen with generous number of floor and wall units, extensive granite countertop space, splashbacks and sink
• Oil-fired Stanley range for cooking and heating
• Gas-fired hob (bottle gas)
• Integrated appliances including Zanussi electric oven
• Terracotta floor tiles
• Feature redbrick wall
Dining area (4.37 x 3.38) with window overlooking deck and terracotta floor tiles
Cloak Room (1.86 x 1.32m) off kitchen and leading to utility room, with terracotta floor tiles, storage and coat hanging space
Utility Room (3.92 x 1.79m) with fitted press and countertops, and space to accommodate washing machine and dryer
Guest bedroom (3.6 x 3.54 + 2.02 x 2.22m): Ensuite, with:
• Solid timber floor, coving and roller blind
• Ensuite bathroom (1.8 x 1.57m) with whb, wc, tiled floor and floor-to-ceiling tiled walls and glass cubicle corner shower with Mira shower
Landing (3.42 x 1.11m + 2.3 x 1.11m) with carpet and hot press with generous storage
Main bedroom (4.75 x 4.13m) ensuite, with:
• Solid timber floor, pole-mounted curtains and recessed ceiling lights
• Walk-in wardrobe off bedroom (2.96 x 2.2m), with fitted shelving and hanging space along two facing walls, timber floor and recessed ceiling lights
• Ensuite bathroom (2.96 x 2.55m) with whb with fitted mirror, wc, tiled floor and glass cubicle corner shower with curved sliding door and Mira shower
Bedroom 3 (4.06 x 3.16m): with corner window, carpet, curtain, built-in wardrobe and whb in room
Bedroom 4 (3.52 x 2.8m): with blind and carpet
Bedroom 5 (2.16 x 2.24 + 1.9 x 1.32 m): with carpet, built-in wardrobe and pole-mounted curtains
Family Bathroom (3 x 2.75m): with tiled floor, floor-to-ceiling wall tiling, bath/shower with folding glass panel screen and Mira shower, whb with built-in unit, fitted mirror and overhead light and heated towel rail
• Spacious, well-proportioned rooms throughout
• Upvc double glazed windows and exterior doors
• Oil-fired central heating with three-zone heating for upstairs, downstairs and hot water
• Characteristic, 1950s era high ceilings
• Timber entry gate from road
• House set back from road on own site (one third of an acre) to ensure privacy
• Long gravelled driveway leading up to house with extensive lawned areas on either side
• Ample parking for several cars
• Sun deck to side of property
• Idyllic country setting with mountain views
• Existing and newly planted trees screening rear of property
• New Water treatment system installed in 2019
The property enjoys a secluded country setting 150 metres from the Grove Bar in Willow Grove, yet is also conveniently close to Delgany (four minutes drive away), Greystones (seven minutes) and Bray (12 minutes).
Between them, these centres offer a great selection of shops, stores and supermarkets, as well as recreational, sporting and leisure facilities for adults and children alike. There is also an excellent choice of nearby schools, as well as a host of cafés, restaurants, bars, specialist shops and delicatessens.
Positioned on the cusp of the Wicklow hinterland, the property is also well placed to explore the many walks, trails and other natural attractions the Garden County has to offer.
The N11 makes for easy commuting to Dublin, while the area is also well served by public transport, including buses and DART services from Greystones and Bray. The Aircoach service runs from Greystones to Dublin Airport, while Bus Eireann No 133 to the airport via Dublin city centre couldn’t be more convenient as it stops at the Grove Bar just two minutes walk away.
VIEWING: By appointment only