LOCATION: Wicklow Way
PROPERTY TYPE: Detached bungalow
FLOOR AREA: 109 sq m/1173 sq ft
BER: D1 Perf: kWh/m²/yr
Impeccably presented throughout, this recently modernised family home enjoys a truly outstanding location in the heart of the Wicklow countryside, commanding stunning views overlooking the Ow River and along its valley towards the Garden County’s highest mountain at nearby Lugnaquilla.
Following the completion of a comprehensive refurbishment by the current owner over the past year, this beautiful family home has been modernised to the highest standards. Improvements include a newly installed kitchen with a full range of fitted units and integrated appliances, carpets, furnishings and décor, and timber panelling which complements the property’s country setting.
Recent improvements also include the installation of triple-glazed windows, 35mm warm board, a solid fuel stove with high-grade flexible flue liner, and new flooring, coving and bathroom fittings.
There is great potential to combine the kitchen with an adjoining room, which is currently in use as a fourth bedroom. Alternatively, this room could be used as a study, home office or for another purpose, while the kitchen could instead be extended into an adjoining patio area immediately outside.
For those seeking to really go large, there’s also an exciting option of both extending the kitchen and combining it with the adjoining room to create a truly spacious open-plan kitchen-diner at the heart of the home.
Outside, the house is set on circa three acres of agricultural land, currently in use for grazing livestock. This is bordered by mature hedging, with an extensive gravel driveway leading from the gated entrance to the house, providing ample parking for several vehicles. The grounds also include three outbuildings.
Positioned on the Fifth Stage of the Wicklow Way, nearby forests and mountains provide an idyllic backdrop, while a landmark iron bridge spans the nearby river to provide easy access to an inviting woodland walk on the far side.
Call us today to arrange a viewing of this must-see country property.
• Entrance hall (2.8 x 2.37m + 2 x 1.3m + 1 x 1.29m) with composite door and laminate timber floor
• Kitchen (4 x 3m): with timber-panelled ceiling, fitted oak storage units, tiled splashbacks, extensive countertop space, stainless steel drainer and sink, window blind and full range of integrated modern appliances
• Sitting room (5.1 x 3.5m): with timber-panelled ceiling, pole-mounted curtains and window blinds, and solid fuel stove on marble hearth with timber mantelpiece
• Bedroom 1 (3.93 x 3.08m): with laminate timber floor, pole-mounted curtains and window blinds, TV point and ceiling coving
• Bedroom 2 (3.78 x 3.36m): with laminate timber floor, pole-mounted curtains and window blinds, and ceiling coving
• Bedroom 3 (3 x 3m): with laminate timber floor, pole-mounted curtains and window blinds, TV point and ceiling coving
• Bedroom 4 (3.83 x 3.77m): with laminate timber floor, pole-mounted curtains and window blinds
• Family bathroom (2.2 x 2.1m) with wc, whb with fitted press, bath/shower, floor-to-ceiling tiling throughout, fitted mirror, shelf and towel rail
• Patio immediately outside the kitchen
• Three outbuildings suitable for a variety of purposes
• Extensive gravel driveway provides ample parking space for several cars
• Property set on a one-acre site
• Idyllic country setting with superb river valley views of surrounding woods, hills, fields and Mount Lugnaquilla
• Separate, free-standing garage outbuilding
• Property has its own registered septic tank
• Property has its own water supply (private well)
• Outstanding family home, in excellent condition throughout
• All rooms recently renovated and refurbished
• Feature stove in living room
• Oil-fired central heating
• Tasteful, contemporary décor
• uPVC triple-glazed windows and exterior doors
• Satellite TV with connections to numerous TV points
• Quality tiling and flooring throughout
Riverrun in Ballyteigue enjoys a scenic location right on the Wicklow Way, 9km from the village of Aughrim with its artisan shops, restaurants, cafés, pubs and other services.
Other nearby towns and villages include Aghavannagh (3km), Tinahely (15km) and Arklow (23km), between them offering an excellent choice of shops, stores, schools, cafés, amenities and services.
Avoca (14km and home of Avoca Handweavers) and Macreddin Village (8km) with its golf course and other amenities, are just two of the attractions to be found in this part of the Garden County.
The property is ideally placed to avail of many sporting and outdoor pursuits, including athletics, soccer, GAA, golf, fishing, horse-riding, cycling, field sports and of course, walking along the area’s scenic paths and trails. A regular commuter train service from Rathdrum (18km) links Dublin via Greystones and Bray.
VIEWING: By appointment only