LOCATION: 13km from Carlow town centre
PROPERTY TYPE: Detached single storey house on 1.7 acre site
FLOOR AREA: 103 sq m/964 sq ft
BER: A3 Perf: kWh/m²/yr:
This newly built detached single-storey house in south County Laois has been completed to the highest modern standards to create an A-rated country home 15 minutes’ drive from the centre of Carlow town.
Ivy Cottage is set on a 1.7-acre site in a quiet cul de sac, 200 yards from a nearby shop and local village pub. Features include an air-to-water heat pump system, top quality insulation, uPVC double-glazed windows, composite front and back doors and a slate roof, which together add up to a toasty A3 BER rating.
At the heart of the home is a spacious (40 sq m) open-plan kitchen/dining/living room which has a high vaulted ceiling with recessed LED lights, raised inset feature fireplace and double-glazed doors opening out into the garden. This exceptionally large family living space also includes a fitted kitchen with extensive floor and wall units fitted with butcher block timber worktops, stainless steel sink, tiled splashbacks and integrated appliances. There is a separate utility room off the kitchen with its own fitted units and sink.
Accommodation is laid out on a single floor, with three well-proportioned bedrooms (one ensuite) and all with fitted floor-to-ceiling wardrobes. An entrance hall and family bathroom complete the accommodation.
Further key features include high-grade engineered laminate floors in all the main living areas, high quality sanitary ware and tiled floors and walls in all bathrooms.
Outside, the house is bounded by timber fencing, enclosing freshly sown lawns and a driveway providing parking space for several vehicles. A pathway surrounds the house on all sides, while the property has a mains water connection.
• Entrance hall (9.2 x 1.16m): with composite door and corridor linking all rooms, with heat pump off
• Kitchen/dining/living room (7.03 x 3.3m): Extensive family living space with high vaulted ceiling, double-glazed doors to garden, feature fireplace and fitted kitchen with butcher countertop space, stainless steel drainer and sink, and complete range of integrated appliances
• Utility room (1.95 x 1.88): with additional floor and wall units, countertops, stainless steel drainer and sink
• Main bedroom (4.8 x 4.3m): with fitted wardrobe and ensuite bathroom
• Ensuite bathroom (3.0 x 1.19m): with wc, whb, shower with sliding glass door and floor-to-ceiling tiling
• Bedroom 2 (3.3 x 3.1m): with fitted wardrobe
• Bedroom 3 (3.02 x 2.97m): with fitted wardrobe
• Family bathroom (2.25 x 1.5): with wc, whb, shower with sliding glass door and floor-to-ceiling tiling
• Outstanding new contemporary family home
• Completed to highest modern new-build standards
• Air-to-water heat pump central heating
• A3 BER
• Slate roof
• Feature raised inset fireplace
• Tasteful contemporary décor
• uPVC double-glazed windows
• Composite front and back doors
• Quality tiling and high-grade engineered laminate flooring throughout
• High vaulted ceiling with recessed LED lights in kitchen/dining/living room
• Fitted kitchen with integrated appliances
• Additional sink and fitted units in utility room
• Property set on its own 1.7 acre site
• Driveway with parking for multiple vehicles
• Newly seeded lawns
• Brand new, solid timber entrance gate from main road
• Timber fencing and mature trees along boundary
• Idyllic setting with scenic country views
• Registered septic tank
• Mains water supply
• Within 200m of local shop and village pub
Ivy Cottage is located in the townland of Crettyard in south County Laois, 200m from a local shop and the popular Fleming’s village pub. Thanks to its proximity to the inter-county boundaries with neighbouring Carlow, Kilkenny and Kildare, the property is within easy driving distance of several towns. These include Carlow town (15 minutes), Abbyleix and Athy (both 18 minutes), and Kilkenny city and Portlaoise (both under 30 minutes). Travelling via Carlow town, it’s less than 90 minutes to Dublin city centre and 75 minutes to Dublin Airport via the M9, while the M7 heading towards Limerick and the West of Ireland is also close by.
VIEWING: By appointment only