LOCATION: Convenient location in the heart of Dublin 12
PROPERTY TYPE: End-of-terrace house
FLOOR AREA: 109.5 sq m / 1,178 sq ft
Already larger than the average three-bedroomed house, this end-of-terrace 1950s family home comes to the market with full planning permission (FPP) for a modern, two-storey extension which would nearly double the existing floor area to 202 square metres
The property is well suited for expansion thanks to a spacious garage to the side and, at more than 200 square metres, by contemporary standards an exceptionally large rear garden.
While in need of modernisation, any such improvement will quickly realise the property’s tremendous potential thanks to its fundamental underlying strengths.
With a total floor area of almost 110 square metres, existing accommodation includes a kitchen and separate adjoining dining room, two reception rooms and an entrance hall with stairs leading to three bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor.
Next to the well-maintained front garden is a driveway providing ample off-street parking for two cars. The extensive back garden includes two block-built sheds, a greenhouse, two patios and secure gated access on to a laneway adjoining the rear of the plot.
Enjoying a highly convenient location in Dublin 12, just a 30-minute bus ride to Dublin city centre, the property is within easy reach of a wide range of schools, shops and services.
Call us today to arrange a viewing.
• Porch with front door
• Entrance hall (3.6 x 2.27m) with stairs to to first floor landing
• Reception room 1 (4.17 x 3.52m) overlooking front garden
• Reception room 2 (3.6 x 3.55m) overlooking back garden
• Dining room (3.53 x 2.76m) adjoining kitchen
• Kitchen (5.02 x 2.44m) with glass door opening to back garden and with internal access to garage
• Landing (2.7 x 2.17m) with access to attic
• Bedroom 1 (4.22 x 3.56m) with built-in wardrobes
• Bedroom 2 (4.22 x 3.64m) with built-in wardrobes
• Bedroom 3 (2.87 x 2.6m) with built-in wardrobes
• Family bathroom (2.16 x 1.8m) with whb, wc and bath/shower
• Large garage, suitable for conversion, comprising 26.8 square metres of additional space
• Gated front driveway, with off-street parking for two cars
• Additional rear access via secure back garden gate from laneway to rear of property
• Larger than average sized gardens to front and rear
• Well-maintained lawned front garden (11 x 10.8 m): bounded by wall, hedge and shrubs
• Large rear garden (21 x 10.8 m) set out in lawn, with mature shrubs, boundary wall, two patios, greenhouse and two block-built sheds
• Shed 1 (2.39 x 3.39 m)
• Shed 2 (3.39 m 4.54 m)
• The property overlooks a family-friendly green to the front
• Outstanding potential to modernise and/or extend with full planning permission (FPP) in place for two storey extension to side and rear (see below)
• Great location, just 30 minutes by bus from the city centre
• Double-glazed aluminium windows and exterior doors
• Gas-fired central heating
• Carpets in dining room, living room, hall, stairs, landing and all bedrooms
Planning permission has been granted to extend both floors of the property. The ground floor extension, including conversion of the existing garage to the side and a single floor extension to the rear, will almost double the overall ground floor area. The first floor extension, to the side over the space occupied by the existing garage, will increase upstairs living space by almost 50 percent.
The extension will create:
• An extensive new open-plan kitchen/diner/living area at the heart of the home
• A new, additional ground floor bedroom with ensuite bathroom
• A new downstairs guest wc
• A new entrance porch
• Modernise the existing reception rooms to create a new office/study to the front and TV/sitting room to the rear
• A new, additional first floor bedroom with ensuite bathroom
• Modernise all three existing bedrooms and main bathroom
• Floor plans and further details avaiable on request
The property is set in an established development facing directly on to a spacious green with mature trees. Muckcross Crescent enjoys a convenient location within walking distance of local shops and services. It’s also within easy driving distance of Terenure, Templeogue Village, Rathgar, Rathmines, Dublin City Centre and the Dundrum, Tallaght and Liffey Valley Shopping Centres.
The best of both primary and secondary schools are on its doorstep, including Terenure College and Templeogue College as well as a wide range of well-established pre-schools. There’s also an excellent choice of sports clubs, facilities and parks such as St. Mary’s RFC, Tymon Park and Bushy Park.
The area is well served by public transport including frequent Dublin Bus services and the LUAS. The M50/M1 motorway is a short drive away, offering rapid access to Dublin Airport.
VIEWING: By appointment only
CONTACT: Derek Byrne on 087 937 0896